Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this role, you will lead the design and release of gearbox and driveline components from concept to production release with a focus on mounts, bushings, acoustic covers, and housings. You will also create and work with suppliers for specifications and requirements of the components. This roles directly reports to JT Caulton Technical Engineering Manager - Driveline Systems and is based in Plymouth, Michigan as a hybrid role.
- Lead Design of gearbox and driveline components from concept to production release with a focus on mounts, bushings, acoustic covers, and housings.
- Perform research, design, and development of components and subsystems.
- Develop and mature concepts from concept to production validated using a design creation process.
- Create and work with suppliers for specifications and requirements of the components.
- Lead and liaison with suppliers and manufacturing for component specifications and definition.
- Responsible for maturity and quality components and/or subsystem 3D CAD and technical drawings.
- Provide technical support and system analysis for root cause analysis of development issues.
- Provide professional reports and documentation for the system with information provided by design responsible engineers.
- Coordinate, lead, and participate in design reviews.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a minimum of 4 years of relevant experience required. A degree in mechanical engineering is preferred.
- Preferred experience in the following areas: Driveline, Transmission, or eAxle Fundamentals, how to interpret technical drawings, GD&T, Tolerance Stacks, bearings, and housings.
- Knowledge of casting process for low- and high-pressure castings/housings.
- Knowledge of machining methods and processes for housings and structural components.
- A general understanding on how to interpret and mature a product with results from FEA.
- The ability to work independently, and to lead, coach and mentor others.
- CAD knowledge and working experience in 3D and drawing creation and modification (CATIA preferred).
- The ability to work effectively in a cross functional group setting, including essential technical guidance to support Senior Management.
- An understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing and how to apply it.
- An understanding of gearbox and driveline fundamentals.
- Dynamic attitude with desire to learn and expand your knowledge and capability.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.