Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Audio DSP engineers are at the core of delivering the most premium media and entertainment experience to Rivian drivers and passengers.
- Own DSP systems and software through definition to customer delivery and end-of-life
- Develop audio DSP firmware for all media applications across all Rivian vehicles and platforms
- Implement algorithms to optimize all media and entertainment experiences
- Bring up new DSP platforms and products including validation on bench as well as vehicle level
- Work with cross functional teams including hardware and system software integration to ensure robust implementation and operation of DSP features
- Define architecture requirements for future platforms
- Bachelor’s Degree or greater in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience with developing audio DSP software from requirements into a functional, efficient, and validated implementation.
- Proficiency with modern C and C++. Also proficiency with associated software development tools, such as IDE’s, source code management, static analysis, and automated builds.
- Experience in developing in audio and plugin frameworks eg – Audio Weaver, Max/MSP etc
- Knowledge of audio signal processing for hands-free telephony, voice assistance, and media playback.
- Experience with implementation of audio firmware on embedded DSPs like HiFi, Hexagon, SHARC etc.
- Experience with embedded system development and low-level interfaces related to audio functions such as I2C, I2S, TDM, PCM, SPI.
- Experience with vehicle communication and control protocols such as CAN, LIN, Ethernet etc
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer literacy skills.
- Experience in the automotive industry preferred.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.