Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Contribute to creation of technical safety requirements
- Derive software safety requirements for the application software and/or platform software
- Support implementation of software safety requirements at the application software layer and/or platform software
- Support/derive safety analysis using SW-FTA, SW-FMEA
- Lead the development of SW architecture for safety, including ASIL decomposition, freedom-from-interference analysis, dependent failure analysis
- Derive safety measures (e.g. Plausibility check, Memory protection) in application software and/or platform software
- Support HSI (Hardware-Software Interface) content between software and internal/external developed hardware
- Support defining programming and coding guidelines, including model-based, for the software development teams
- Support tool classification and qualification across Rivian’s software toolsets
- Developing verification and validation methods to support testing of software safety mechanisms
- Writing test procedures and supporting testing of software
- Documenting all relevant software safety requirements, analyzes, architecture implementation, verification and validation events for application software/or platform software for Rivian ECUs
- Over 2 years of experience developing safety software within the automotive or equivalent industries (e.g. aerospace)
- Experience with one of the domains: Suspension, chassis control, energy storage system, propulsion
- Experience/knowledge of ISO 26262
- Experience with C programming and/or model-based design using Simulink
- Experience with requirements management tools (e.g. JAMA, Doors, etc.), issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.), SW version control tools (e.g. Git, Bitbucket, SVN, etc.)
- Experience with agile software development process
- Degree education in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with a high level of integrity
- Experience working within a cross-functional team
- Proven experience working on multiple projects
- Strong team player; drive to exceed expectations and meet deadlines
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.