Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you will do:
- Operate non-contact laser scanning equipment (CMM/Romer) effectively in order to control processes or to assist with problem solving
- Maintain sensitive metrology equipment to insure performance of the devices
- Utilize advanced metrology equipment to control processes and solve problems
- Support manufacturing team equipment and process capability analysis
- Execute product and process validation / inspection plans
- Assist in performing and teaching all processes and assignments within the department, with the ability to fill in as needed
- Identify and contain suspect defective material
- Inspect, test or measure components, products and materials being produced. Report inspection and test data.
- Continually work to control and improve manufacturing processes performance
- Responsible to participate in quality related continuous improvement (Kaizen) projects
- Develop, maintain, and improve the quality culture within responsible area
- May need to perform other duties as needed
This is what you will need:
- 1 + year of CMM, Romer Arm or other type of Metrology Equipment operations
- Manufacturing, assembly, quality, or testing experience
- Metrology (measurement) equipment experience (preferred non-contact laser scanning)
- Geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
- 3+ years of high-volume manufacturing or quality experience (or)
- A combination of education and experience
- Problem solving experience
- Computer skills: Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, email – ability to manage files and records effectively
Nice to Have Qualifications
- Statistical process control / control charts
- Welding, fabrication, metal working, or weld inspection experience required
- Kaizen / continuous improvement process experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
Education And/or Experience
High School education or equivalent; 3+ years of manufacturing or quality experience or equivalent combination of education and experience
Language, Mathematical, And/or Reasoning Ability
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form. Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment.
Provide support or knowledge to identify root cause and implement permanent countermeasures when necessary.
Basic understanding and knowledge of vehicle testing equipment, alignment equipment, wheel balancer, measuring calipers, torque wrenches, etc. – understanding torque and torque management.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust focus.
In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to travel (frequency), drive a motor vehicle, communicate using telephone and e-mail.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.