Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As Senior Manager, Global Distribution Strategy you will be responsible for leading a dynamic team of managers, program managers, and analysts to drive network design, launch, and optimization of Rivian’s Global Service Supply Chain. You will drive the team to make quick decisions in an ambiguous and continuously changing environment. This role will be responsible for setting the global vision and executing on short- and long-term goals associated to service distribution. This role will require transformational capability and consistent strategic focus to challenge current practices of distribution and warehouse management with a customer centric mindset.
- Lead and develop a team of highly skilled individuals to formulate global supply chain roadmaps and implement programs on time and within budget
- Drive development and execution of holistic supply network design to ensure End to End supply chain continuity through innovative and optimized solutions
- Effectively manage team priorities, organize workload, and meet committed program deadlines to support Rivian’s success
- Develop and execute the overall Global Distribution Service strategic plan which will drive optimal customer experience
- Ensure supply continuity through network design, capacity planning, risk management, compliance, and service
- Drive key KPI improvement activities for distribution to enable predictive performance and financial planning through development and execution of specific strategies
- Drive operational excellence and best practices across the network aimed at reducing costs and improving service level
- Develop best in class service operations leveraging Rivian’s platform and new technologies
- Seek out new innovations and present new strategies to continuously improve all areas of the organization
- Advise and adjust organization on new strategic developments to scale, automate, and grow
- 10+ years of experience in Automotive, Tier 1, OEM, or technical field with emphasis in demand planning, supply chain, materials management, distribution, or logistics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Engineering or related field (MS or MBA preferred in related discipline)
- 3-5+ years of direct management experience leading teams within a fast-paced technology/automotive distribution or supply chain environment with a proven track record of performance
- Excellent program management skills and ability to work within guidelines, JIRA or Smartsheets a plus
- Understanding of supply chain total cost trade-offs between transport cost, inventory, and service
- Strong collaborator, with willingness to drive change
- Extensive knowledge/experience setting up and managing distribution network
- Clear understanding of warehouse management systems and the interaction with ERP systems
- Knowledge of international compliance and logistics for expanding global footprint
- Strong analytical and structured problem-solving capabilities with a focus on data driven action and results
- Broad experience defining, launching, and driving strategic process redesign initiatives to improve internal and external processes and operations, working closely with cross-functional teams and stakeholders in a technology environment.
- Process design experience, with proven ability to understand, document, and transform complex processes into operational systems
- Able to work efficiently under high amount of work/stress.
- Ability to coach, manage, and support competence development within a team
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.