Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is looking to hire a Sr. Manager Finance to lead its Manufacturing finance team to support our factory in Normal, IL. This position will report to the Director of Operations Finance.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Lead through others; you will be the Finance lead for our factory in Normal, IL, which builds our R1T, R1S, and EDV.
- Be a key strategic partner for the manufacturing Organization, leading activities like headcount planning, budgeting and forecasting, variance analysis, make/buy studies, and cost reduction
- Set our team and factory up for scalability
- As factory finance lead, participate in key activities such as volume and capacity planning
- Interface with factory and company executives to discuss past performance and forecasts
- Design & prepare recurring reports and dashboards for key metrics across the manufacturing organization
- Prepare and present insightful analysis to support leadership in decision-making
- Create and measure KPIs to ensure industry-leading manufacturing performance
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- 10+ years of experience in Finance, with 5+ years in scaled industrial Manufacturing, preferably within the automotive industry highly preferred
- A passion for sustainability and keeping the world adventurous forever
- Top-tier analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to zoom out as well
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with imperfect data and little direction
- Agile and able to thrive in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Story-telling abilities for communicating to leadership in concise manner
- Expert-level Excel skills, and experience with Tableau, PowerQuery, PowerBI, SQL, or other data manipulation methods required
- Experience with Oracle Hyperion and/or SAP a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Operations, Manufacturing, Engineering, or another relevant subject highly preferred
- MBA or other relevant Master’s degree is a plus
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.