Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Infotainment hardware ownership thru development, validation, and scaled production
- Work cross functionally with architecture, manufacturing,mechanical, reliability, test automation, software, and validation teams
- Support electronics system level design for high speed and high reliability electronics
- Generate requirements specifications and bring-up plans
- PCBA floor-planning, high speed, thermal strategy, layout constraints, EMI/EMC optimization, SI/PI, and mechanical integration
- Bring-up and electrical characterization support
- Lead failure investigations during both development and production
- Work closely with contract manufactures and onsite visits to support major build events
- Collaborate with reliability and functional safety teams to create and review DFMEA, PFMEA, FTA, and DFMEDA analyses
- Integration of Infotainment ECUs into the overall vehicle platform
- Guidance and mentorship of Junior electrical engineers
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering (or related fields) with 6 years’ experience or Master’s degree with 4 years’ experience
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong fundamentals in signal and power integrity
- Experience in optimizing PCB stack-ups for reliability, cost, and manufacturability
- Proficiency in schematic capture and design layout tools
- Lab proficiency – hands-on knowledge of equipment and good lab practices
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Understanding of ISO26262 processes
- Experience with Linux based OS
- Deep understanding of SoC architecture and power and performance trade-offs
- Deep understanding of camera, display and wireless interfaces
- Experience in Python and/or C scripting (primarily to support HW bring up and test)
- Experience using simulation tools such as Matlab or PSpice for worst case circuit analyses
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.