Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Enterprise Insurance Risk Management Team is seeking a Senior Analyst who will support the implementation of risk management policies and programs, work with divisions, corporate departments, insurance companies, brokers, claims vendors and state regulatory agencies to collect and furnish information. The role provides logistical support for department operations as needed. This professional individual contributor position should be able to work independently with supervision and be comfortable working In a fast paced environment In an agile manner.
Assist Manager in preparation of policy renewal submissions, including review and analysis of exposure data provided by business segments.
- Direct broker engagement and maintenance of overseas policy schedule
- Ensure timely review, payment, and internal allocation of invoices
- Assist Manager in review of insurance, indemnity and hold harmless wordings in contracts and leases
- Support with onboarding insurance brokers and other Insurance related vendors
- Gather and interpret complex corporate risk management and financing data to support insurance programs and other risk retention strategies for our global programs
- Assist in the coordination and quantification of claims data to support insurance programs and other risk retention strategies
- Review loss control reports and work with Manager to develop appropriate action plans and responses to insurers
- Update and maintain department policies and procedures manual
- Develop and maintain Intranet site and other areas where communicate insurance programs to support internal stakeholders
- Monitor requests for certificates of insurance, auto ID cards and Surety Bonds to ensure accuracy and timeliness of responses
- Compile location information for issuance of workers' compensation posting notices and provide to broker for notice issuance
- Gather information and complete the necessary reports to maintain compliance with state regulations for state fund workers compensation plans, and insurance company requirements for insured Workers Compensation programs as well as other Insurance regulatory requirements
- Support project management for the account team on large initiatives or complex accounts, implements action plans, monitors progress of broker and Insurance partner deliverables, assures service meets or exceeds expectations and protects the Firm from Errors & Omissions
- Drafts essential comprehensive project documents intended for clients including: white papers, approaches, quantitative financial analyses or general presentations on new subjects or opportunities to support the creation of sales opportunities and account backing
- Develops strong relationships with professional counterparts at client organizations
- Attends and participates in industry events and conferences to build up a strong professional network, maintain proximity to the relevant market and represent the Company
- Bachelor’s degree in business/Finance/Risk Management/Insurance or equivalent
- Insurance designation (CPCU, ARM) preferred
- 5+ years of Risk Management experience
- Working knowledge of property/casualty insurance or other significant lines of coverage, including Management Liability (D&O) and/or Cyber Insurance
- Project management skills a plus, including knowledge of Smartsheet, ASANA, and other project management tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including when involving cross-functional teams and managing deadlines involving executive-level management
- An ability to interact with various levels throughout the company, analytical thinking and financial analysis
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work effectively; goal-oriented
- Constant desire to learn and challenge others to find the best solution; not afraid of failure
- Adaptable to change, both big and small
- Excellent computer skills using PowerPoint, Access, Excel, and Word
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Treasury
- Location: Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.