Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is looking for someone with a passion for sustainability to lead its Corporate FP&A team and drive the company’s forecasting, budgeting, and corporate reporting, helping to keep the world adventurous forever. The role can be based in Palo Alto or Irvine, CA, in Plymouth, Michigan. We’re also open to a remote role for the right candidate.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Oversee the development, management, and continuous improvement of Rivian’s corporate financial planning and reporting processes, including budgeting, forecasting, and monthly/quarterly management reporting
- Collaborate with stakeholders and partners across various functions including Finance, Accounting, Treasury, and Tax to ensure high-quality, reliable and thorough budgets
- Advise leaders on opportunities and risks impacting business performance, provide insights which enable better strategic and operational decision-making, and put in place processes and analyses which help drive accountability
- Work with Accounting, IT, and Finance Data & Analytics teams to shape, structure, and maintain the company’s master data
- Act as the business owner for Rivian’s Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) platform, working closely with the Finance Data & Analytics team to ensure a comprehensive, internally consistent end-to-end view of Rivian’s core financial data and performance across multiple dimensions and time periods
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 8+ years of experience in Finance or related field, preferably within large or medium-sized corporations
- 5+ years of experience in a Corporate FP&A function highly preferred
- Strong knowledge of Finance and accounting processes, data structures and systems in a public company environment
- Experience with Master data management
- Exceptional Excel modelling and data manipulation skills
- Direct experience with SAP or equivalent ERP platform data infrastructures and multidimensional EPM tools such as Hyperion Essbase, Anaplan or Adaptive
- Comfort getting deep into the details and also stepping back to see the big picture
- Ability to thrive in an ambiguous environment with imperfect data and little direction
- Ability to effectively articulate a data-driven point-of-view to leadership in a clear and concise manner, written and verbally
- Outstanding collaboration, influencing, and leadership skills
- Passion for developing others and experience building high performing teams at scale
- Experience with Tableau, PowerQuery, SQL, and/or PowerBI a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
- Department: Finance
- Location: Remote
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.