Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Supervises the team(s) responsible for the material movement and handling within the
warehouse or production facility.
- Manages the flow (inbound/outbound and internal replenishment) of materials through
the warehouse in support of production to ensure delivery demands and schedules are met
- Manages the unloading/loading of materials from inbound shipments and the return of
dunnage and empty containers to suppliers/return centers
- Manages the internal material replenishment process.
- Provide input and support for material replenishment methods and material flow
- Responsible for the quarantining and dispositioning of non-conforming and scrap
- Drives resolution on non-conforming material to keep “hold” material to a minimum.
- Coordinates operational changes with Quality, Production and Materials departments.
- Responsible for ensuring team exercises proper use and care of material handling
- Coordinates activities with various Production Control departments to resolve material
- Develop, implement, and utilize Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) to drive business
decisions within your team’s responsibility and across the warehouse operations
- Partner with peers and support organizations to drive operational efficiencies, remove
barriers, and ensure seamless communication and balance of priorities to drive
- Partner with internal customers making sure that there are no gaps in the production
supply chain while maintaining a strong Lean manufacturing mindset
- Ability to understand, maintain and support just in time delivery when needed as well as
capacity to adapt to last minute/urgent demands from Production Line and Internal
- Utilizes and drives Standardized Work (SOS) compliance through team.
- Responsible for managing material flows in a manner that supports a FIFO strategy.
- Maintains high standards of inventory accuracy and manages the cycle counting of
- Leads, develops and coaches Team Leaders and Team Members.
- Drives a process improvement culture by empowering employees to continuously
improve their processes and supports their initiatives by eliminating constraints and
resolving problems through a team-oriented approach.
- Maintains good labor practices.
- Maintain quality and safety standards in area of responsibility.
- Trains, develops, and evaluates employees.
- Maintains employee’s records regarding safety, ergonomics, discrepancies, vacations,
attendance, and O/T.
- Documents and communicates best practices, problem resolution and performance data.
- Drives effective collaboration by cross training team across different roles in production
- Visit customer locations & plants during major milestone events to support the teams
- Supervisory Responsibilities: Multiple teams consisting of team leaders and team
- Flexibility to work 2nd shift and/or off shift (ABCD) required
- Experience with Warehouse Management System “WMS” Software such as SAP Preferred
- 3 years of previous warehouse experience preferred.
- Working knowledge in Excel, Word, Power point, and Outlook programs.
- Demonstrated leadership skills preferred.
- Ability to set tasks/responsibilities and drive performance
- Ability to think critically and utilize creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and stay within budget.
- Strong team orientation and cross functional attitude.
- College degree preferred
- 3 years previous supervisory experience preferred.
- ·Ability to read and interpret documents such as governmental regulations, safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to apply concepts of volume and demand planning to establish labor plans.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in
situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or
- Ability to lead and communicate effectively in a high-pressure environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an
employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; sit;
use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift
and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and ability to adjust
- In the performance of the duties of this job the employee is required to communicate
using telephone and e-mail.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee
encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
- Ability to withstand exposure to solvents, fumes, heat, and odors normally associated
with paint application.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Internal candidates interested in this position are required to have spent 6 months in their
current position before moving onto another team.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.