Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Infotainment team is chartered to develop software applications and SDKs for Rivian products and composed of developers of all backgrounds with experience in IOS, Android, SDKs, IoT, Bluetooth, Security, and we are growing! Come help build the Rivian In-Vehicle user experience, encompassing vehicle controls, navigation, media, charging, among many other live customer facing features.
Outside of work our team is chock full of adventure seekers in all senses of the phrase. We have lived and travelled around the world, we ski and snowboard, we camp and hike, we take up adventurous hobbies like bagpipe playing, we live in adventurous places, some of us have joined the adventure of raising kids - and some of us have joined the equally adventurous world of raising pets...
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Service OS, product and UI/UX design teams to define application features
- Identify potential problems and resolve application bottlenecks for performance optimizations
- Triage, debug, and fix application issues before final release
- Perform code reviews and practice continuous integration and development
- Write test code to test for quality, robustness, and functional correctness, including edge cases
- Design and implement subsequent application updates and releases
- Grow your skills with continual learning, workshops, conferences, and talks
- Remote for seasoned self starters with solid remote self discipline skills
- Good knowledge or proficiency with Kotlin or Java
- Ability to manage your workload with minimal supervision
- Knowledge of Android design principles and application interface guidelines
- Proficient in code versioning tools including Git, Bitbucket and others
- Experience with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to collaboratively work with and influence cross-functional teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
Nice to have
- Experience with developing mapping, multi-media, and Bluetooth solutions is a plus
- Knowledge and experience with Jetpack libraries
- Knowledge of Android’s performance and testing framework
- Tablet application experience a plus.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.