Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Design, validate, and deploy Rivian compute electronics
- Work cross functionally with software, mechanical, validation, and manufacturing teams
- Conduct system design reviews at critical gates of the product
- Bring up and debug electronics on the bench (hands on necessary)
- Integrate compute systems within the vehicle and perform validation measurements
- Support and review component and system level DFMEA/PFMEAs/Validation Plans
- Create functional, electrical, and test requirements for software and validation teams
- Support product definition and architecture for next generation electronics
- Degree in Electrical Engineering or related fields; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 5 years of experience working on the development of compute platforms is preferred
- Deep understanding of SoC architecture
- Proficiency in designing and validating systems with highspeed interfaces (such as PCIe or CSI)
- Strong fundamentals in signal and power integrity
- Strong understanding of designing PCBs for high speed, reliability, and manufacturing
- Working knowledge in design for EMC and other typical regulatory requirements for low voltage electronics
- Proficiency in schematic capture and design layout tools
- Lab proficiency – knowledge of equipment and good lab practices
- Familiarity with electronic manufacturing processes and materials
- Familiarity with documentation and release processes for development and production hardware
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Understanding of ISO26262 processes
- Familiarity with camera serdes interfaces
- Experience in Python and/or C scripting (primarily to support HW bring up and test)
- Experience in using Linux operating systems (primarily to support HW bring up and test)
- Experience with CAN and Automotive Ethernet
- Experience using simulation tools such as Matlab or PSpice for worst case circuit analyses
- Experience designing FPGAs
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.