Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Ensure compliance to key regulatory, security and organizational policies and procedures
- Engage, collaborate, and communicate effectively with variety of stakeholders to deliver the business value
- Define and establish right size processes to enable productive use of resources
- Design and deliver high quality, low cost solutions to meet business needs
- Work with cross-functional teams to manage and deliver Business and Finance solutions on time.
- Provide technical services and assistance in implementing Finance Applications and the integration with other Enterprise systems
- Partner with Finance corporate business teams and IT leaders throughout the organization to assist them on business growth.
- Partner with outside vendors to deliver services, technology and platforms to the business. Review new technologies and trends to keep the company at the forefront of developments in and around these platforms
- Have Strong project management and excellent communication skills.
- Apply critical thinking skills to analyze requirements and propose system and process-based solutions.
- Articulate technical concepts to non-technical levels of the organization is a must.
- Meet aggressive deadlines for multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Use Agile delivery experience and experience with leading Agile transformations
- Direct the efforts of others in the achievement of the strategic and operational objectives of the group.
- Manage the hiring, staffing and maintaining of a diverse and effective workforce.
- Be responsible for career development/planning, performance and pay discussions of team members.
- Communicate and translates vision/strategy to staff.
- Be responsible for executing on functional and business goals for the group.
- Address problems across functional areas of the business.
- Influence individuals within and outside the IT department.
- Be responsible for meeting budgetary goals and objectives.
- Prepare and presents reports to all levels of leadership and staff.
This is what you’ll need:
- Decision Quality – Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization progressing forward (“not just motion”)
- Cultivates Innovation – Creating new and better ways for the organization to be successful
- Drives Results – Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances
- Manages Conflict – Handles conflict situations effectively, with a win win mindset
- Communicates effectively – Develops and delivers multi-mode communications that convey a clear message to different audiences. Fosters open communication with all stakeholders.
- Solution Portfolio Management – Plans, prioritizes, sequences, and manages portfolio of work to maximize delivery of business value
- Technical Acumen – Pursues continuous learning and application of technologies to achieve desired business, architectural, and productivity outcomes
- Functional expertise in several Finance areas including General Ledger Accounting, Profitability Analysis, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Fixed Assets, Cost Center Accounting, Internal Orders, Profit Center
- Advanced knowledge, skills and abilities required to resolve more complex IT issues
- Strong knowledge in Finance technologies like SAP S/4 HANA FICO, Group Reporting Consolidation, Vendor Invoice Management(Open Text), Revenue recognition, Tax and other Finance applications.
- Experience in IT General controls, Segregation of Duties, GAAP and Internal Audit.
- Knowledge of planning and forecasting techniques for multiple functional areas within IT.
- Proven ability to manage a department or a group with multiple disciplines.
- Advanced understanding and ability to develop and drive budgeting process
- Experience managing teams of 15+, including offshore teams
- Experience in Automotive and manufacturing industries preferred
Education and Experience-
- Bachelor's degree and 15+ years relevant experience.
- 10+ years experience working with Finance Technologies
- 6+ years cross disciplined leadership experience
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Information Technology ERP
Location: Normal, IL
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.