Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Join a team developing battery value chain market intelligence and business for Rivian!
This role is critical for Rivian to make informed decisions on selecting the battery equipment and battery recycling/repurposing vendors or partners. This role will also provide unlimited insight on next-gen battery manufacturing technology, intelligent automation and equipment development for meeting TWh scale’s goal. The first successful execution on vendor or partner selection will pave Rivian’s way for future equity-based expansion such as JV or M&A. This role requires to develop several models as addressed below and work closely with each battery manufacturing’s functional lead and Capex team for achieving its goals.
- Research the battery manufacturing’s equipment market. Analyze the current and next-gen technology development on each step of battery manufacturing
- Develop business relation with battery manufacturing equipment suppliers, collect market intelligence then construct a battery manufacturing equipment database and a “equipment – battery” supply chain database
- Create a battery manufacturing equipment producer profiles database to address each equipment producer’s capability, equipment development and supply chain
- Build a demand model on battery manufacturing equipment
- Design, query, analyze and visualize all collected market data into BI databases and dashboards
- Develop supply strategy and roadmap along “equipment – battery” value chain
- Research the battery manufacturing’s facility market. Analyze the facility equipment technology to meet Rivian’s TWh scale-up, EHS and cost targets
- Analyze and identify manufacturing bottlenecks that might occur from either equipment or facility related market supply/demand balance
- Propose debottleneck solutions along “equipment/facility – battery” value chain
- Create business cases (supply chain, share control, partnership, M&A) for driving Rivian’s battery mass production and in-house equipment related business growth
- Build financial model to address economics for created business cases
- Drive a cross-functional team to execute business case for wining Rivian’s market position in “manufacturing equipment - battery” value chain
- Research and collect market intelligence on battery end of life (EOL) market including repurposing and recycling
- Develop business relation with battery recyclers and ESS developers
- Build the financial model and address the economics between battery recycling and repurposing
- Build a demand model on battery recycling and repurposing
- Create producer profiles database on battery recycling and repurposing
- Develop strategy and roadmap along “battery – recycling/repurposing” value chain
- Drive a cross-functional team to execute business case for wining Rivian’s market position in “battery – recycling/repurposing” value chain
- Lead business negotiations with suppliers, partners, M&A targets or investment banks
- Prepare battery manufacturing plant’s controlling knowhow based on SAP system. Ready to immediately move to Rivian battery manufacturing plant’s controller or plant manager role
- Master’s degree or MBA equivalence, must have the work experience related to battery manufacturing equipment
- 5+ years of experience in data analytics and market analysis
- 2+years of experience in business development
- 2+years of experience in project leadership or battery equipment consulting
- Battery design or manufacturing experience is a plus
- SAP controlling role’s experience is a plus
- 2nd language skill in Chinese, Korean or Japanese is a plus
- Critical problem-solving skills: ability to ask the right people, the right questions at the right time in the right way
- Detail oriented: ability to become a subject matter expert to make informed decisions
- Curiosity: demonstrate level of interest that enables inventiveness
- Execution: demonstrate that follow through is given as much attention as problem solving
- Capable of working as a member of a team across several cross functional disciplines
- Able to work under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines of multiple simultaneous projects and challenges.
- Strong problem-solving skills and aptitude for learning quickly.
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally as required.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.