Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As a Vehicle Operations Lead, you will be a key field leader and point of contact for Vehicle Operations Specialists and on-site teammates. As a first line Lead, you will need to balance daily work requirements and responsibilities with needs of the business to provide support to our on-site teams. Vehicle Operations Leads work in coordination with Delivery Operations, Service Operations, and our fleet teams to facilitate customer deliveries, manage documentation, and provide our customers with an exceptional experience.
Team Lead & Training
- Serve as location point of contact which includes communicating daily priorities and goals, requesting resources, and coordinating work efforts with other on-site team members
- Support the onboarding and training for all new specialists as required
- Work with Vehicle Operations Manager to ensure that all SOPs and quality requirements are updated and accurate for site specific workflow(s)
- Ability to lead daily stand-up team meetings and oversee team members in the absence of the site manager
- Manage paperwork and documentation for deliveries; ensure necessary paperwork is submitted on time
- Responsible for validating consistency of vehicle quality and capturing failures for cross-functional feedback
- Ensure vehicle quality standards through supporting vehicle wash and/or detailing/paint correction activities
- Prepare, inspect, and stage vehicles for various workflows and vehicle types
Vehicle & Lot Logistics
- Receive inbound vehicle inventory, inspect for quality, and complete Bill of Lading (BOL) paperwork
- Ensure the parking lot is always safe and drivable.
- Oversee inventory management activities for Vehicle Operations and partner teams on site
- Serve as a subject matter expert in all facets of Vehicle operations
Delivery Center Operations
- Responsible for conducting and leading opening/closing procedures
- Manage charging station capacity and maintenance to ensure there is a plan of action based on scheduled customer demand and prioritization.
- Lead problem solving activities with cross-functional partners on site
- Conduct various audits to include but not limited to, security, inventory, asset location, etc.
- Communicate and surface roadblocks as well as propose resolutions to management where needed
- Complete additional work and tasks as requested by the leadership team
- 4+ years of experience with operations, logistics, or lot management ; 2+ years supervisory experience preferred
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Ability to safely lift up to 50 Ibs
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Valid state driver’s license with a safe driving record
- Previous EV, Automotive or Detailing experience a plus
- Flexibility to work based on the demands of the business, which may require working evenings, nights, weekends or holidays.
- Willingness to work in a various working conditions including being in an active service center or unpredictable weather conditions (i.e. rain, snow, heat)
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 40% of the time) as required to support other market launches and operations
- Proficiency with computers and software including Microsoft Office, and ability to effectively navigate internal business platforms
- Fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (proof required)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.