Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Lead the design, development, and delivery of High Voltage cable sub-components such as cable guides, mounting brackets, release cables, etc. as required to execute Rivian’s Powertrain system.
- Lead change control, technical issue resolution and program Engineering deliverables for sub-components.
- Coordinate, support and/or create 3D designs to package sub-components into vehicle’s environment.
- Execute structural analysis on designs.
- Prepare 2D drawings of designs.
- Support new component interfaces and work with Purchasing and other engineers through development and approval of new-tooled components.
- Support Design Reviews and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) analyses.
- Maintain parts and assemblies through change control and final release.
- Provide internal support on responses for cost studies.
- Track engineering issues to support regularly occurring open concerns/issues reviews.
- Review Design for Assembly (DFA) and Design for Manufacturing (DFM) documents for design adherence.
- Collaborate with Design Verification Process and Report (DVP&R) team to validate requirements.
- Develop and maintain program-specific Design Failure Mode and Effects Analyses (DFMEAs).
- Develop continuous design improvement proposals.
- Support vehicle assembly builds from initial prototype through full production launch.
- Additionally, in support of the Lead DRE:
- Prepare engineering releases/attributes in ENOVIA.
- Gather and submit testing asset requests to Supplier through Purchasing.
- Assist with Concession requests and Concerns feedback.
- Gather Device Transmittals from interfacing component engineers.
- BSME or BSEE degree
- 3+ years of experience in related component design, release, and industrialization (Low Voltage or High Voltage wire harness and/or injection-molded plastic components).
- Favorable experience includes:
- High Voltage distribution systems
- Electric propulsion systems (Motor, Inverter, Battery, etc.)
- Managing BOM content attributes in PLM/SAP systems (ENOVIA direct experience preferred)
- Managing BOM variants and facilitating part revisions through approval and implementation processes
- Launching new models / products into automotive high-volume production
- Working with Manufacturing teams and suppliers to understand and implement DFA / DFM learnings
- Advanced CAD knowledge; CATIA V5 / V6 strongly preferred
- Knowledge of GD&T, tolerance stack-up analyses
- Experience in DFMEA, DVP&R and PFMEA
- Detailed knowledge of relevant manufacturing techniques / processes for both low- and high-volume production
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.