Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Development of procurement strategy, policies, procedures, and systems in support of all Electronics commodities, including Low Voltage, High Voltage and Electronic Control Units/Modules
- Oversee RFI/RFQ/RFP and strategic sourcing process for all Electronics-related direct material requirements across Rivian, including all Vehicle and Charging platforms
- Lead all aspects of supplier negotiation, including part price, tooling expenditure, engineering & development expenses, and creation of Long-Term Agreements
- Engage and support other functional groups on scope development, product cost, manufacturing technology, delivery, and quality
- Provide in-depth analysis of total direct material spend data to identify opportunities for short-term improvements and strategic initiatives
- Recommend solutions to business problems and present ideas to senior leadership
- Recruit, build and develop a strategic, high-performing Electronics Purchasing team in support of Rivian’s portfolio of products
- Drive success through empowering your team, leading by example and removing roadblocks
- Communicate clearly to internal and external stakeholders, remaining composed under pressure while adapting to a dynamic work environment
- Support business planning initiatives and milestone attainment
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key suppliers, acting as the lead for all commercial issues
this is what you’ll need:
- Master’s degree, MBA, or other related advanced degree
- 10+ years of relevant Electronics-purchasing related work experience
- 12+ years of Purchasing/Supply Chain management, including strategic sourcing, contract negotiation and supplier management experience.
- 8+ years experience leading strategic sourcing, buying, or purchasing management teams.
- Demonstrated success in performing spend analysis while managing the entire RFI/RFQ/RFP process
- Experience in leading and managing sourcing projects that support cross-functional internal organizations
- Experience in building high performing strategic purchasing organizations and developing talent into leadership positions
- Demonstrated ability to identify process issues and drive improvements that improve operational efficiency
- Knowledge and experience with SAP or other ERP systems is a plus
- Strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.