Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Camera, Imaging and Computer Vision team delivers Intelligent Vision & Imaging technologies and features underlying Rivian’s adventure user experiences. This multi-disciplinary team architects, designs, develops and productizes state-of-the-art algorithms and SW stacks on various compute platforms, and across multiple vehicle system architectures. As a Computer Vision Data Scientist, you will research and build large datasets and infrastructure pipelines to extend the performance of our computer vision algorithms and deep learning models for vehicle security, safety, and driver assistance. You will also expand your horizons to collaborate with other domain experts to bring our innovations from concept to product.
- Manage data collection and curation for various computer vision and deep learning use cases on vehicle.
- Work with algorithm engineers, system/software engineers, and test engineers to understand the features from vehicle data.
- Develop metrics and statistical models that interpret data into insights and improve engineering performance.
- Work on the data infrastructure to support data analytics and annotation using computer vision and deep learning techniques.
- MS in Engineering, Applied Mathematics, Data Science, Computer Science, or equivalent field, with 3 years of industry experience, a PhD degree or equivalent industry experience.
- Strong programming skills with C++, Python, or related languages.
- Strong background in using Python libraries (NumPy, Pandas, scikit-learn, etc.)
- Extensive knowledge of machine learning and deep learning techniques.
- Solid background in image processing and computer vision.
- Experience in building datasets for computer vison tasks.
- Experience in data analysis and data mining.
- Good written communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Experience in working with large datasets and developing infrastructure pipelines
- Hands-on experience with AWS services like Sagemaker, S3, etc.
- Experience in automotive electronics and/or consumer electronics.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.