Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
We are looking for a proven leader to run our day-to-day onsite Vehicle Operations. You will own the onsite logistics operations including planning, scheduling, hiring, training, and coordinating with other onsite managers to meet customer needs. You will drive optimization and efficiency through data, and process refinement with a focus on lean principles to surface bottlenecks and inefficiency, seeking a resolution at a root cause. You will need to possess strong communication and have a proven track record of leading teams through engagement. You will need the ability to build and affect culture through buy in and persuasion. As a hands-on leader, you will own feedback and development of associates with a focus to promote from within.
- Manages onsite Vehicle Operations teams, leveraging the Rivian Center as their primary work location.
- Effectively plans by using reporting and forecasting to set and adjust team schedules and pivot resources as needed to meet customer demand.
- Provides training and development to associates; Develops and promotes talent through effective and timely feedback and consistent performance reviews.
- Responsible for local KPI metrics for their location. Aligns daily work with KPI metrics, effectively prioritizes and stays focused on results. Analyzes data and reports to make sound decisions.
- Is responsible for outlining countermeasures for problems and edge cases. Providing applicable data to support resource request and collaborating with Regional Manager to approve applicable countermeasures.
- Accountable for applying Vehicle Operations’ standard operating procedures to their location with tailored adjustments based on location specific scope and criteria.
- Organizes work of others and collaborates with other teams to create standard operating procedures and workflow documentation to support organizational goals.
- Works with senior leadership on creation of new processes and documentation as targets and volume scale with growth of the business.
- Primarily responsible for onsite problem-solving including surfacing problems, gap analysis, delegation, project management, and communicating outcomes with quantifiable metrics.
- Responsible for compliance and adherence to Rivian, State and Federal requirements from HR, EH&S, and DMV.
- Can complete all task and skilled work that Vehicle Operations manages. Doesn’t hesitate to jump in and be “hands on” to get work complete and meet targets.
- Enforces high standards in process execution through daily lot walks, observations, and feedback.
- Manages printing and storage of DMV documentation in support of Title & Registration and Mobile Operations teams.
- 4-5 years of Operations management experience, including experience managing direct reports and location level P&Ls
- Flexibility to work based on the demands of the business, which may require working evenings/nights or weekends
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration or operations or equivalent work experience
- Ability to analyze reports, create action plans based on data
- Ability to use Microsoft suite to create spreadsheets, documents and presentations
- Ability and willingness to travel (up to 40% of the time) as required to support other market launches and operations
- Extensive Practice with lean principles (visual management, Kaizen, Kanban, Gemba) preferred
- Ability to obtain and maintain local sales licenses if applicable in your state
- Prior experience with EV, Auto Ecommerce, Supply Chain, or Process Improvement preferred
- Fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (proof required)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.