Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As our business continues to evolve, our global footprint expands and our employee population scales, the People Team partners with the business and leaders to enable organizational effectiveness and operational execution. As part of the People Operations organization, our Global Mobility programs, immigration, relocation and tax, are built to ensure we have the right talent in the right place at the right time. Given the tremendous growth of our company in every way, each of the Global Mobility programs are high demand and need to be scalable.
While we have established policies and processes, our rapidly changing environment requires us to continuously evaluate and assess our programs to make sure they are optimized to support the business. So, if you are someone that has experience building or re-building a Global Mobility function, this may be the right opportunity for you. If you are someone who enjoys finding the right balance between scalability and individual employee experience, this may be the right opportunity for you. If you are someone that wants to take all the knowledge and experience in your toolkit and help us figure out what’s right for Rivian and our employees, then this is definitely the right opportunity for you.
Our Compass values are the behaviors that guide us on our mission to Keep the World Adventurous Forever, and we believe there is an extraordinary opportunity in the Global Mobility space to support our mission with how we think about our programs, policies, processes and vendors. Here is what Forever means to us…
- At this moment, extraordinary steps must be taken to rapidly stop the carbonization of our atmosphere. This requires individuals and entire industries to come together in ways we never have before to transition the world toward renewable energy. This is where Rivian’s potential lies — in creating solutions that both shift consumer mindsets and inspire other companies to fundamentally change the way they operate. As staggering as this may sound, and as complex as our objective is, we already have everything we need to build the kind of future our kids and our kids’ kids deserve.
This will require a leader who will embrace the first-principles approach and not be bound by previous experiences to build a Global Mobility strategy that is made for our mission and our employees.
This is What You’ll Do:
- Collaborate with the HR Business Partners, Talent Acquisition and the leaders to understand the Global Mobility needs of the business from a talent strategy perspective
- Identify areas of opportunity for policies and processes to be optimized to meet the needs of the business, as well as operational controls
- Evolve the Global Mobility strategy and roadmap to ensure our immigration, relocation and tax policies and processes are aligned with the business strategy, as well as focused on the employee experience
- Lead and inspire a team of specialists and coordinators who are responsible for the day-to-day execution for all programs, including working with employees, vendors and cross functional partners
- Support the success of the team through Recharge conversations focused on sharing feedback and having career growth and development discussions
- Foster and grow meaningful partnerships across the People Team (Talent Acquisition, Business Partners, People Partners, Compensation, Benefits, People Ops-Payroll, Systems) and cross-functionally with Finance, Legal and Facilities
- Manage and collaborate with our external vendors to ensure Rivian is leveraging all of our resources effectively, and our employees are receiving the highest level of support
- Flex between execution (tactics) and strategy, as initially this will be a balancing act of helping address the growing demand for our programs while building the longer-term vision
- Serve as the point of contact for any special projects such as M&A or new programs
- Work with Business Partners, business leaders and employees at all levels, partners or vendors to resolve any escalations
- Ensure the People Leadership Team is kept informed of any new or potential major legislative policy shifts
- Partner with our internal and external audit teams to ensure our programs remain in compliance
This is What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of experience in Global Mobility (immigration, relocation, tax), including at least 5+ years leading the function and team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience preferred, GMS and CRP certifications are a plus
- Passion for all the intricacies of the always evolving Global Mobility world
- Commitment to the growth and development of the team
- Proven experience managing global vendor partners
- Experience in rapidly growing companies, technology and manufacturing industries preferred
- Ability to partner, communicate and influence stakeholders at all levels and across the company
- High “emotional intelligence”
- Comfort in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment
- Ability to navigate ambiguity with a heightened alertness to consistency of practice
- Ability to be highly collaborate yet drive projects and decisions forward
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and time management
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.