Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Enterprise Insurance Risk Management Team is seeking a Senior Manager, Claims Strategy and Operations Management, who will be responsible for all aspects of the claims process for corporate and manufacturing risk across all corporate risk management and insurance programs, including self-insured programs. This person will develop the strategy for claims management and oversight, ensure proper notice and claims management across claim types, and work with internal and external partners to manage claims to closure. This position will report directly to the Director, Insurance Risk.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- In collaboration with internal partners and external vendors such as safety, security, and insurers this position will be responsible for defining the strategic vision of the claim’s organization within Rivian. Specific areas of claims management include Integrated Disability, Auto Liability including Fleet and non-Fleet auto claims, General Liability, Marine Cargo, Property and Management Liability claims. This role will be responsible for defining organizational processes and procedures to ensure efficient and effective claims operations through standard processes and procedures.
- This role will manage all aspects of the day-to-day operations of claims administration including but limited to loss reporting, ongoing claim management, and loss experience. This role will also be instrumental in operationalizing self-insured losses, whether financed through a captive or balance sheet risk.
- The ideal candidate should have a deep understanding of the technology available for claims/incident management systems, including sourcing, procurement, and implementation. In addition, the role will also be responsible for capturing and visualizing data analytics related to the claims for best practices in claims reporting including, financial loss, trending, lag reporting, indemnity, reserve changes, and loss fund reserves and payments for self-insured and paid loss programs.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Insurance designation (CPCU, AIC) preferred, Adjuster Licensing is a plus In key states
- 15+ years’ experience in claims management, specifically corporate risk (P&C and Management Lines), as well as Commercial Auto and advance claims experience
- 7+ years management and leadership experience
- Experience building a claims team from the ground up is strongly preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with stakeholders in all facets of the business, including operations, finance, and legal. Must also have the ability to communicate at all levels, from customer service agents to senior leadership team.
- Strong project management skills and ability to meet aggressive deadlines, bias towards action
- Ability to proactively partner cross-functionally to solve complex business problems
- Strong prioritization skills, especially in a fast-moving environment
- Proficiency with designing process and workflows that streamline operations
- Ability to identify key metrics and manage to those metrics
- Out-of-the-box thinker who will find creative ways to solve problems with multiple stakeholders
- Experience working in technology or a start-up environment and the ability to prioritize in a fast-moving environment
THIS IS WHERE YOU'LL WORK:
- Department: Treasury
- Location: Irivine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.