Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Initially helping support pre-production vehicle builds, including assisting cross functional teams
- Travel to locations to support as needed until the local Service Center opens, including but not limited to, production plant
- Operate remotely until local service center opens, if applicable
- Follow Rivian repair procedures and improve efficiency without compromising quality and safety of the repair
- Perform required repairs and inspections on vehicles
- Perform high voltage repairs on vehicles after training is provided
- Perform vehicle repairs in a setting outside of a service center
- Provide technical support outside of standard Service Center hours of operation, when remote
- Perform necessary parts operations such as parts ordering, receiving, shipping and inventory
- Store Mobile Vehicle in a secure location and operate within compliance and related policies
- Support campaigns and containment initiatives
- Maintain and process accurate expense reporting as needed
- Maintain high quality work and efficiency while working with little supervision
- Work with a collaborative attitude and team spirit in an ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Provide service support to the field to support the Service organization
- Communicate technical terms into easy-to-understand concepts when engaging with customers
- Go above and beyond for each and every customer
- Must be able to work from 9 PM to 6 AM
- Automotive Technology/Technician Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of automotive service repair experience
- 3+ years of EV service and repair experience preferred
- A/C 609 certification required
- Experience using a variety of test tools including a PICO-scope, PCAN, Kavaser Memorator, & breakout box
- OEM Certified Master Technician experience is a plus
- OEM Specific Technician Training experience is a plus
- Ability to drive non-commercial truck and trailer
- Ability to travel up to 100% of the time, or as needed
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, and maintain a clean driving record
- Parts department and billing experience preferred
- Experience using a work order management system and repair documentation
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Strong Mechanical and Electrical diagnostics experience, including high voltage systems
- Strong written and communications skills
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Physical exertion may be required to perform occupational tasks (sitting, standing, walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, pushing, and pulling)
- Fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (proof required)
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle
- Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.