Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
A vehicle dynamics expert with electrically assisted brake booster development experience.
- Own the software integration and calibration responsibilities for the supplied brake actuator components
- Manage the brake supplier relationship and drive progress to achieve program timing milestones
- Create validation test plans for braking systems ensuring that test matrices cover all applicable use cases for Rivian vehicles
- Coordinate the execution of the testing programs, whether outsourced or performed internally
- Work with brake suppliers to provide feedback on current performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Assist testing team in preparing and conducting performance tests, including coordination of tests, processing data and generating reports
- Instrument vehicles prior to testing and operate data acquisition systems
- Benchmark competitive vehicles, record relevant information and refine Rivian’s target metrics
- Utilize full vehicle simulation models to optimize the development of the vehicle platform by running “what-if” scenarios based around dynamic performance
- Communicate cross-functionally with the Chassis, Powertrain, Body, Interior and Controls teams to improve the integration of the vehicle subsystems into one harmonized driving experience
- Work hard, exceed expectations, challenge industry conventions, and relentlessly strive to make truly exceptional products
- Additional experience with electronic stability control and anti-lock braking preferred but not required.
- B.S. or higher in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years of experience in automotive Chassis development / vehicle dynamics
- Experience with pedal-feel calibration
- Understanding of automotive software architectures
- Hands-on attitude, ability align and set-up the vehicle for testing
- An appreciation of the core concepts of vehicle dynamics
- Full vehicle simulation experience
- Detail-oriented personality
- Competent using data acquisition systems
- Proficient in writing test specifications, instrumenting vehicles and executing efficient vehicle tests
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.