Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Support creation of technical publications for all service manuals (systems overview, parts, repair, labor, electrical, etc.)
- Validate repair procedures for accuracy (diagnosis, repair process, labor time, safety, etc.)
- Improve efficiency in service procedures without compromising quality and safety of the repair
- Validate all service tooling prior to implementation to the field
- Support campaigns and containment initiatives
- Provide ad hoc service support to the field to support the Service organization, including customer facing events
- Work with a collaborative attitude and team spirit in an ever-changing, dynamic environment
- Support cost analyst impact on different serviceability methods and processes
- Support cross functional teams and assist with pre-production vehicle builds
- Provide ad hoc service support to the field to support the Service organization
- Support and proactively collaborate with Service Engineering, Field Service, Technical Publications, Service Parts, and Service Training teams.
- Use 1st principals to collaborate, teach, and mentor other team members to constantly improvement the Service organization.
- Automotive Technology/Technician Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of automotive experience
- 4+ years of EV experience
- OEM Certified Master Technician is a plus
- OEM Specific Technician Training is a plus
- Ability to drive non-commercial truck and trailer
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 75%)
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Experience working in start-up environments
- Knowledge of EV Powertrains and HV systems
- Strong diagnostics experience
- Strong written and communications skills
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle
- Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
- Fully vaccinated against the COVID-19 virus (proof required)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.