Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian’s Digital Commerce Team is responsible for the end-to-end implementation of the digital experience outside the vehicle (e.g. vehicle configurator, payment gateway, vehicle delivery management, service scheduling, Connectivity) across web, mobile app and in-store. To that end, we are developing a world-class commerce platform that will make learning about and purchasing electric adventure vehicles intuitive, seamless and fun.
We are seeking a Senior Staff Software Engineer to lead multiple initiatives and integrations as we build out Rivian's Connectivity Platform. The successful candidate will architect and build out various services and integrations with carriers, covering both functional and data requirements.
This is what you’ll do:
- Design, extend and review software architecture – be hands on and involved with every stage of the product development life cycle
- Build high quality, testable, and scalable backend systems including REST APIs, batch jobs, and system integrations.
- Work with external carrier stakeholders to integrate with carrier APIs and data to help build a scalable and extensible platform.
- Develop state of the art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practice for software engineering.
This is what you’ll need:
- 12+ years of relevant industry experience, with 6+ years of building enterprise grade systems
- Experience in REST API with either Java/Node.js
- Experience building highly available, scalable and extensible platforms.
- Strong focus on Engineering and Operational excellence.
- Experience with various cellular, Wi-Fi technology components such as LTE, Wi-Fi connectivity management, Wi-Fi hotspot is a plus
- Experience building IoT solutions that involve complex connectivity lifecycles, integrations with cell carriers/connectivity management platforms and eSIM provider is a plus
- Experience developing API’s - REST with OpenApi/Swagger with best-in-class engineering practices.
- Experience and familiarity with cloud native architecture, development, and deployment practices
- Strong technical background in Computer Science, Engineering or a related technology field
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Digital Commerce
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.