Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Responsible for executing special events from the early stages of inception all the way to post-event debriefs. This go-getter will often work alone, in cities across the country, and need to lay the framework each time to execute events utilizing local resources and infrastructure. In this role, you will be tasked with collaborating amongst several different departments to understand and plan complex events down to the very last detail. Additionally, you will become an ambassador of all things camp kitchen including cooking/talking at internal and external events, and media related functions. When not supporting events, you will be asked to step in a support the culinary team with proactive initiatives, offer culinary insight, help ensure consistency across our portfolio, and many other exciting projects.
- Create menus based on stakeholder’s request, location, size, and type of event
- Source and procure all ingredients and equipment needed for each production
- Handle all food preparation and day of execution
- Secure additional resources (cooking facilities, culinary support, rentals, event support)
- Ensure all event set-up and break-down happens flawlessly
- Forecast and budget each project accurately
- Support fiduciary responsibility and delegate all costs associated with each event appropriately
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with all partners and vendors
- Integrate Rivian’s culinary vision into all events (sustainability, plant forward, wellness, adventure)
- Manage multiple projects and requests simultaneously while exceeding Rivian standards for quality
- Assist as needed with ad hoc projects as identified by your manager
- Culinary Arts Degree from a recognized Culinary school (i.e. CIA, Johnson and Wales) or equivalent experience
- Serve-Safe Certification required
- Proven understanding of plant-based cuisine
- Well versed in cost management programming and knowledgeable about industry standards
- Strong leadership skills, people skills, and a positive attitude
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, detail oriented
- Exceptional knowledge within food safety and sanitation systems, procedures, and operations.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 75%
- Self-starter who is goal oriented highly motivated, and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with little supervision.
- Ability to shift focus very quickly and adjust to rapidly changing priorities and asks
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.