Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As an Occupancy Planning Specialist, you will be part of the greater Facilities Operations organization: a dynamic group responsible for all aspects of facility functionality including site commissioning, post-occupancy space programming, daily operations, and workplace programs. In the unique space of an EV workforce, this role requires a highly flexible individual who can decipher complex spatial needs across multiple ecosystems -- office, research and development labs, vehicle test space, manufacturing and other specialty spaces. Our ideal candidate is a perceptive, strategic thinker with a passion for hypergrowth and a deep-rooted understanding of space management.
The primary function of this role is supporting our internal team and leadership alike with Workplace and Production occupancy reporting, forecasting and space management tools. You will make the biggest impact by equipping our teams with digestible data and tools in order to understand current space utilization, which will inform strategic real estate decisions and intended use of our current and future facilities.
- Maintain detailed occupancy data for the Workplace and Production real estate portfolio
- Support the management of smart campus applications which include space utilization technologies and tools
- Admin responsibilities of maintaining IWMS application including incl. data/information gathering, floorplan management, etc.
- Collaborate with internal site operation leads to develop custom reports, plans and resources for space management
- Review and analyze current headcount reporting, financial headcount forecasting, and space utilization data
- Assist the Occupancy Planning team to gather and validate headcount/spatial forecasts in partnership with site operations, organizational leaders and internal teams
- Support with supply and demand studies for all space typologies including office, lab, amenity, exterior, parking, and more
- Create presentable content from spatial analysis in order to share findings, describe trends and pose strategic questions to the internal team
- Assist in developing and improving the user-experience for facility space and modification requests
- Assist in maintaining and publishing site-specific information for internal and external parties as needed
- Support return-to-work strategy execution and agile workspace implementation
- Minimum 3 years of experience in facilities management, workplace operations, corporate space planning, real estate or similar role
- Proficiency in space management software applications (IWMS/CAFM)
- Exceptional written, verbal, graphic communication skills
- Proficiency in Bluebeam Revu for mark-up, take-off, and document organization
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills to be able to partner with multiple stakeholders, project teams and external vendors effectively
- Knowledge of space management methodology
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- CAD proficiency a plus
- GIS proficiency a big plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.