Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Senior Software Engineer, Connectivity Data & Insights
United States, Seattle WA
The Connectivity team is seeking a Senior Software Engineer who can work on cross-functional team and lead the effort of building data insight generation services from ground up. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will partner closely with other engineers and scientists to design, implement, and iterate data applications and microservices using Big Data and AWS technologies. You will be responsible for establishing the organization’s software architecture, promoting engineering best practices on data management, and keeping the high bar for data quality.
This is what you’ll do:
- Partner closely with product partners to provide feedback, solution, and recommendations.
- Own the software development life cycle, including design, planning, implementation, testing, and operation of new systems and features.
- Build high quality, testable, and scalable backend systems including REST APIs, batch jobs, and system integration
- Partner with data engineers and data scientists to meet the need of upstream and downstream dependencies.
- Develop state-of-the-art code – influence/establish the software development culture of the team. Establish standards and best practice for software engineering.
- Keep up to date with the evolving software technology, share the knowledge across the organization by enabling best practices, standards, mechanisms and relevant technologies.
This is what you’ll need:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related technical discipline preferred.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to understand complex business problems and provide software solutions.
- 5+ years of relevant industry experience in leading, designing, and building large scale software systems.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in building and maintaining production applications, current experience in both relational and distributed columnar date stores.
- Proven track record of leading the delivery of large-scale, high-quality software on time.
- Deep understanding of back-end and full-stack development framework and technologies.
- Experience working with AWS services.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills in the face of ambiguity.
- Hands-on experience with Big-data technologies (e.g. Redshift, Athena, Glue, EMR, Kinesis, Step Function, or equivalent in other web services) is a plus.
- Familiarity with timeseries database, data streaming applications, Kafka, Flink, and more is a plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.