Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Develop, Test and Evaluate Battery System Performance
- Enable the integration of the ESS software and hardware elements verifying battery system attribute requirements
- Conduct Battery System integration testing at the Pack and Vehicle Level
- Support root cause data analysis on battery related vehicle and pack test data
- Travel to test sites to conduct battery software and safety development and validation tests
- Decompose requirements and develop verification and validation tests and plans
- Must be able to adapt and work within dynamic development timelines, with accelerated hardware production timelines, and software release cadence
- Analyze the technical, logistical, and scheduling risks associated with various electrical and software test solutions
- The individual will be responsible for running subsystem lifecycle tests, from development through production
- Test Requirements Participation:
- Interface with various Battery and SW validation teams to cascade, plan, and execute Battery Validation Activities
- Assist in: Gathering, creating, & coordinating validation test documentation within the ESS group in relation to the validation team requirements needs
- Participate in and track design changes of the BMS and associated electronics for test requirements updates and integration plan development.
- Change analysis and updates to HIL, Pack System, and Vehicle validation test plans.
- Analyze energy storage, vehicle, powertrain, specifications to develop sub-system tests according to legislative standards (UN ECE R100, FMVSS, KMVSS, GB/T, etc.), ISO26262 functional safety standards, and other SAE & automotive testing guidelines
- Coordinate with engineers to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks, dictated by their respective milestones:
- Work with program management team, vehicle integration team, and manufacturing team across multiple time zones & multiple locations to organize delivery of all deliverables
- Refactor schedules to reflect present status & projections based on up-to-date information
- Help support and collaborate with Systems, Software, and Hardware development engineers for testing needs at all levels:
- Assist with unit, functional, & system tests, and hardware/software integration, to vehicle acceptance testing as needed
- Display a hands-on attitude and motivation to perform whatever tasks necessary to get the job done
- Participate in test procedure development to validate the design, requirements fulfillment, and performance of design items
- Quickly transition to a variety of engineering discipline work, from high-level management to specific sub-component focus, depending on need of the team
- 6+ years’ work experience in related field
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in engineering discipline
- Previous experience with battery systems, or high-voltage battery systems a plus
- Experience with either development, testing or Validation data analysis and reporting essential
- Knowledge of battery behavior and key battery fundamentals
- Previous experience in automotive product development environments
- Experience with complete embedded designs HW, SW, System Requirements, and software functional specifications to quickly derive root causes of issues and develop test requirements for new functionality.
- Experience with CAN DBC and Vector Toolchains for Calibration and Data Acquisition
- Experience with Ethernet a plus.
- Experience with programming and embedded systems
- Experience in Python, and or MATLAB Programming for data manipulation and analysis a plus.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; reliant on core engineering principals & common sense
- Strong communication, multitasking, & inter-personal skills, both in presentation & technical writing
- Versed in software development, hardware testing, & production procurement timelines
- Versed with automated requirements management tools (e.g., JAMA, Doors, etc.)
- Issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Previous experience with design according to ISO26262 with focus on functional safety
- Previous experience with product launches and production schedules
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.