Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- In this role, you will focus on our robotic automation processes on our paint line. You will also be training and working with operators to ensure they are performing at their highest level to help them improve. This role will report directly to our Sr. Paint Technical Manager.
- Monitoring and adjusting the robotic processes in paint, troubleshooting paint applicators
- Interface with maintenance personnel to ensure that the paint shop equipment is running properly and that predictive maintenance is being done
- Troubleshooting and adjusting processes
- Maintaining a feedback loop for paint quality and process
- Using problem solving tools and techniques, the Engineer will promptly address problems and act to define, resolve, and verify problem resolution with paint finish quality.
- Production reports and Scheduling
- Engineer and develop new application systems and equipment and coordinate fabrication and construction to facilitate and improve OEE.
- Perform process engineering and time studies as well as line balance analysis for work stations and areas.
- Write and train on JES / SWS / SOS to establish standardized and repeatable processes.
- Lead Autonomous Maintenance to help improve MTBF of equipment through study of equipment performance and manufacturer’s technical data related to complex and varied equipment such as robots, applicators, pumping system, and air handling systems as well as cure systems.
- The Process Engineering Group Leader will contribute to shift and daily reports to management as required and provide performance reports of production to plan.
- The Process Engineering Group Leader will work with production scheduling to plan daily paint shop production and act to assure production readiness accordingly.
- EH&S awareness and status in paint
- The Process Engineering Group Leader will conduct periodic safety walks of the paint shop to assure that correct procedures are being followed.
- The Process Engineering Group Leader will participate with the EH&S coordinator in generating reports for government regulation compliance.
- Managing Suppliers and Contractors
- The Process Engineering Group Leader shall oversee the activities of supplier service representatives and contract personnel working in the paint shop.
- Prior supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment (3-5 years).
- 1-3 years of experience with robotic electrostatic painting
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (BSME, BS Chemical Engineering, etc.) required
- Familiarity with and ability to program any type of paint robots (Fanuc, ABB, Durr, Yaskawa, or Kuka)
- Ability to stand for 8-12 hours per day.
- Required to walk; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Ability to lift and carry at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to perform all duties in a working environment that may contain dust, high noise levels, hot and cold weather.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
Candidate Data Privacy
Rivian may collect, use and disclose your personal information or personal data (within the meaning of the applicable data protection laws) when you apply for employment and/or participate in our recruitment processes (“Candidate Personal Data”). This data includes contact, demographic, communications, educational, professional, employment, social media/website, network/device, recruiting system usage/interaction, security and preference information. Rivian may use your Candidate Personal Data for the purposes of (i) tracking interactions with our recruiting system; (ii) carrying out, analyzing and improving our application and recruitment process, including assessing you and your application and conducting employment, background and reference checks; (iii) establishing an employment relationship or entering into an employment contract with you; (iv) complying with our legal, regulatory and corporate governance obligations; (v) recordkeeping; (vi) ensuring network and information security and preventing fraud; and (vii) as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law.
Rivian may share your Candidate Personal Data with (i) internal personnel who have a need to know such information in order to perform their duties, including individuals on our People Team, Finance, Legal, and the team(s) with the position(s) for which you are applying; (ii) Rivian affiliates; and (iii) Rivian’s service providers, including providers of background checks, staffing services, and cloud services.
Rivian may transfer or store internationally your Candidate Personal Data, including to or in the United States, Canada, the United Kingdom, and the European Union and in the cloud, and this data may be subject to the laws and accessible to the courts, law enforcement and national security authorities of such jurisdictions.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.