Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Work within a matrix organization to ensure delivery of the vehicle closures through the complete Rivian Development Process
- Ensure program imperatives (piece cost, tooling, ED&D, mass etc.) are cascaded, communicated, reported and achieved at every stage of the project
- Ensure the Closures Engineering teams are delivering to the vehicle specification book, features & options list and Color & Material specifications
- Champion simultaneous engineering across the business, ensuring all stakeholders are involved in timely decision making to support on-time engineering release
- Lead the coordination of Studio & surfacing inputs into the Closures Engineering release process
- Create and maintain the overall Engineering schedule including, but not limited to, supplier sourcing, surface release timing, engineering release, tooling lead times, part quality maturation lead times
- Work closely with internal stakeholders and outsourced engineering resource providers to identify all cross functional interdependencies and ensure on-time project delivery, establishing and implementing recovery plans as needed
- Lead the development and implementation of plans to ensure on-time delivery of parts to Mule and pre-production builds, establishing and implementing recovery plans as needed
- Lead cross-functional issue resolution on-site at launch locations
- Ensure the Closures team works to a common standard & template for the development of all technical specifications, DVP&Rs and DFMEAs
- Facilitate training of new employees in processes such as the Rivian Design Process, DFMEAs & DVP&Rs
- Coordinate the generation & development of Rivian Design Standards
- Exhibit “Rivian Compass” in everything you do
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent technical degree
- 10+ years experience in automotive product development or project management
- Detailed knowledge of the automotive design and development process, system requirements, and general engineering best practices
- Knowledge of the materials, processes & technologies used to deliver Closures engineering content
- A system-based approach to design and development with the desire and curiosity to strive for continuous improvement
- A demonstrated ability to solve problems using a first-principal approach
- An eagerness to work cross-functionally in a dynamic environment
- First-class communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively across multiple sites & time zones
- Comfort presenting detailed information to a wide range of audiences
- Excellent time management skills
- The ability to deliver multiple concurrent projects with differing timelines
- Excellent commercial and financial awareness
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency
- Flexibility to travel to launch locations for extended periods as necessary
- Previous people leader experience advantageous but not required
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.