Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is seeking a Project Manager with a focus on Purchasing & Operations within our Furniture & Styling team. The Facilities Design team is Rivian’s in-house design team focused on the physical touchpoints of the brand, from workplace to retail to production and everything in between. Our ideal candidate is collaborative, energetic and pro-active, well-organized with a solid understanding of procurement practices and interest in the interior design industry.
This role is responsible for establishing programs and processes that help elevate practices and better team workflow. You will establish fluidity between our cross-functional partners within Rivian Purchasing Logistics and Operations and provide a solid foundation for the design team to work more efficiently and effectively. You will be overseeing a team of four to five and are a detail-oriented, creative thinker who enjoys solving problems and developing new systems from the ground up in a fast-paced, start-up culture.
- Lead and coordinate cross functional efforts with Rivian Finance and Purchasing teams. Identify new vendor partners and relationships through qualification processes in partnership with Purchasing. Considering these relationships through our brand lens, adhering to Rivian’s vision and standards, analyze capabilities to scale
- Lead oversight of project health throughout its full lifecycle. Develop consistent status reporting tools and detailed analysis across projects.
- Directly responsible for presentations/ read-outs/ and a weekly cadence of updates to leadership across all projects, teams and process development.
- Accountable for project management of ongoing projects, and administrative support - schedule management, planning, itemized project budgets, management tracking of all POs/invoices, payment schedules
- Partner with Rivian’s Procurement team on all FF&E procurement – assist in writing RFPs, reviewing quotes and responses, awarding vendors, NDAs, General Terms & Conditions, Warranty agreements
- Write playbooks that outline business procedural steps, programmatic learnings, or project standards
- Optimize and coordinate transport for national and international logistics (road and sea freight) and ensure the continuous optimization of shipping
- Develop and oversee strategic inventory management plan in conjunction with Sr Design Manager and Manager, Sourcing & Styling
- Ensure all vendors performing installation services have current proof of insurance and contractual documentation in place as per Rivian’s Procurement team and Construction Management team
- Oversee day to day project installation schedules, close out documentation, vendor completion of punch lists, warranty data
- 5+ years of project leadership, process management or similar project management experience in Construction, Hospitality, Interior Design experience with FF&E purchasing helpful
- A college degree in architecture, interior design, business management or directly related field
- Demonstrated the ability to analyze, evaluate and report on the tasks at hand
- Strong organizational and communication skills with an ability to juggle multiple projects in various phases. Comfortable overseeing and reporting on ~30 projects in various stages at any given time
- A high-level of confidence and professionalism, ability to foster teamwork, and build business relationships
- Experience with the entire project life cycle from concept through post-occupancy
- Experience leading a team with an emphasis on collaboration, transparency, staying open and fostering growth toward a common goal
- Technology driven — proficient with Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Coupa Procurement System and AutoCAD a plus
- Be resourceful, innovative and proactive with the ability to work in a team environment, under tight deadlines
- It’s essential you have a can-do attitude and willingness to dive into a varied set of tasks
- Willingness to travel at a time when it’s safe to do so (post pandemic). Anticipate 1-2wks of travel per month.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.