Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This position will aid in the success of the Rivian Field Service Organization in EMEA. As Manager, Service Operations Excellence, you will work directly with several cross-functional stakeholders across multiple levels. You will drive scale-up and operational excellence efforts, provide program management expertise, provide strategic outlook for business decisions, develop data-driven metrics, and develop business case justifications. You should be willing and able to work through ambiguity, roll up your sleeves to understand the needs of the field service organization, work both strategically as well as tactically, and utilize critical thinking and problem-solving skills to optimize Rivian field service team’s overall growth strategy. Hands-on experience with data modeling, storytelling and presenting possible solutions is critical to executing on this aspect of your work.
A successful approach to this role will find you splitting your time equally between engaging with service operations business leader and working with the regional service leaders.
- Support forecasting, business planning and analysis for several key areas of the field service operations including strategic alternative analyses, and financial modeling.
- Partner with Rivian Service Operations pillar leaders, including their executives, to develop processes, strong analytical and reporting tools, department-level strategic KPIs & OKRs.
- Experience in managing annual budgeting, rolling forecasting, capital budgeting, and long-term strategic planning.
- Lead cross-functional programs from strategy to execution, leveraging program management, data analytics and presentation skills to ensure cross-functional internal alignment and readiness.
- Utilize multiple data modeling applications to provide relevant data and visualization to enable actionable insights for decision making.
- Highly analytical, with proven ability to synthesize and analyze large amounts of data, develop insights and recommendations, and transform them into easily understood and compelling presentations.
- Ability to navigate ambiguity and manage multiple stakeholders to introduce new processes and deliver actionable insights.
- Ability to develop strong, cross-functional working relationships across the service teams and the other partner Rivian functional teams to improve processes and deliver actionable insights.
- Organize and present ideas in a convincing and compelling manner.
- Support development and execution of monthly and weekly business updates, program status updates, executive level reporting, and overall communication on service performance.
- Persuade and influence others with effective verbal and written communication.
- Understands the value of process-centric approach to business analysis and capability development.
- Experience in leading operations and business process re-engineering efforts.
- Understand business strategy development techniques.
- 8+ years in an industrial engineering, operational excellence, lean manufacturing, data visualization to execution, or similar strategy-to-execution role.
- 3+ years of direct people management
- Hands on experience in Service function at an OEM preferred but not required
- Process Improvement and KPI management experience required
- Program Management expertise and hands on experience required, PMP preferred.
- Able to create business case for executive approval, demonstrated success in storytelling, data analysis to drive consensus and business decision.
- Command of project management techniques and tools. Hands on experience with Confluence, Jira, Smartsheets and other project management platforms
- Ability to travel as needed (up to 40%)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.