Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
As the Senior Support Engineer - Fleet Operations, you will be responsible for supporting a 24/7 operations team function that will maintain multi-cellular and multi-access connectivity to Rivian vehicles, thereby allowing robust connectivity for not only today’s adventures but tomorrow’s as well.
Specifically, this role will proactively monitor, triage, and fleet management software spanning telematics, vehicle health, service, purchasing, connectivity and OTA (Over-the-Air) on Rivian vehicles and chargers issues across Rivian’s global fleet, escalate issues/outages to the appropriate internal/external team and/or carrier, and assist in the validation of new features/integrations that enable Rivian to execute on our core fleet services.This role is situated meaningfully with cross-functional visibility and is a ground floor opportunity to revolutionize the connected car segment with an always connected vehicle that uploads thousands of signals every minute.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Ensure robust connectivity for all consumer/commercial vehicles and charger deployments by proactively monitoring connectivity, telematics, vehicle health and anomalies across Rivian’s global fleet. Remotely resolve issues and serve as a subject matter expert for the Fleet Operations Team.
- Stay current and support internal Rivian teams on Tier 1 and Tier 2 support and diagnostics. Acquire and document in-depth technical knowledge of the company products and services. Participate in the creation and maintenance of Knowledge articles.
- Monitor all tiers of support helpdesk that can receive escalations from multiple teams such as end customers, service centers, engineering, and customer experience centers. Monitor the escalated issues, system alerts and notifications, and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- Promptly triage, resolve, or escalate connectivity issues to engineering, internal teams and/or the carrier. Monitor, maintain, and report on SLAs and ensure the requirements are met and that Rivian is providing the best possible experience to the vehicle owner.
- Assist management in tracking the progress of OTA campaigns across Rivian’s global fleet and promptly triage/resolve failed software updates.
- Work cross functionally with product management, digital technology, and vehicle engineering to onboard new carriers and validate new integrations/features prior to releasing to production.
- Responsible for predicting, testing and validating connectivity, OTA and vehicle telematics solutions, purchasing, fleet management application support end to end in partnership with Rivian Engineering, vendors, and network operators.
- Monitor the cellular configuration of a vehicle through its entire lifecycle, track the progress of eSIM swaps, and manually update the cellular configuration of vehicles when necessary.
- Proactively monitor, publish and communicate carrier network outages, known issues, service bulletins, and work with the appropriate resources to resolve carrier issues. Identify trending issues early and proactively escalate internally.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- 7+ years working as technical support engineer or network operations within the IoT, wireless/networking, or connected car industries
- Experience and willingness to provide multi-channel support through Phone, Web, E-mail and Chat
- Available to work in shifts and meet the requirements of 24x7 support operations including readiness for shift work during weekend, post business hours and holidays as scheduled
- Self-motivated with the ability to dive right in, develop effective processes, and work to ensure our vehicles remain connected
- Experience with various cellular & Wi-Fi technology components such as 4G/5G, Wi-Fi connectivity management, and Wi-Fi hotspot
- Experience with IoT solutions that involve complex OTA campaigns, lifecycle management, API/network integrations with various cell carriers/connectivity/fleet management platforms, and eSIM providers
- Strong cross-functional experience with engineering, customer support, finance, product management, and marketing
- Knowledge of the basic milestones within the cellular provisioning process and how to manage the SIM lifecycle
- Confidence and ability to lead troubleshooting and escalation efforts with service providers
- Strong business and technical acumen with the ability to translate between the two
- B.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Software Engineering, or a related field
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Fleet Product Management
Location: Palo Alto, CA; Vancouver, British Columbia; Irvine, CA; United States, Seattle WA
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.