Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Vehicle Applications teams mission is to ensure our products are always ready for our customer’s next adventure.
We achieve that mission through a suite of applications that integrate our platforms together. Building a vertically integrated company requires a vertically integrated software solution and our team tentacles out into every phase of the business, from the in-vehicle firmware to cloud, embedded and mobile applications to our B2B Fleet OS platform. Our team is responsible for:
- RiDE & Quest: Rivian’s Diagnostic Engine that drives in-vehicle and remote diagnostics via manual, no-code, and ML driven root cause analysis.
- OTA: Over-the-Air firmware update system that manages in-vehicle updates and remote fleet campaign management.
- Iris & Lineside: Rivian’s In-House Manufacturing Execution System
This is what you’ll do:
- Build, test and release complex mission critical full-stack products for internally and externally facing software
- Gain a unique look into how EV’s work inside-out and strengthen your EV domain knowledge
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams for development and integrations
- Use automation as an opportunity to reduce roadblocks and achieve deliverables
- Work with awesome people, participate in team culture and build an adventurous future
This is what you’ll need:
- BA in Engineering (Computer Science / Data Engineering / Data Science or relevant degree / experience)
- Proficient in offline caching, security and offline data synchronization
- Good understanding of CI pipelines (Gitlab CI preferred)
- Unit testing and test-driven development experience
- Systematic troubleshooting and root cause analysis experience
- Knowledge of Agile Development of Accessible Software Tools
- Strong understanding of OOPs
NICE TO HAVES:
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Experience developing SaaS products
- Experience working with or in Manufacturing systems / environments
This is where you’ll work:
Department: Vehicle Applications
Location: Remote (based on experience)
Travel: Up to 25% time (if working on a factory facing product)
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.