Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this unique automotive tech role, you will personally ensure that Rivian vehicles leave the plant ready for their adventures. As vehicles role off the assembly line, you’ll get to go over them with a fine-toothed comb, finding any issues, diagnosing concerns, and ensuring that anything you find is fully resolved to the highest standards of quality and workmanship before the vehicle is shipped to a customer. You’ll also be able to suggest changes to products and processes to help the team improve.
Every day, you will get to use your high degree of initiative and tenacity and your passion for finding root causes and resolving problems. This will regularly give you new opportunities to develop your skills as you grow your automotive expertise.
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Diagnose and repair varied electrical and mechanical issues on complex EV vehicle systems
- Perform diagnostics using combination of technical experience, understanding of Rivian products, diagnostic tools, and vehicle log data to root cause complicated issues
- Carry out duties with exceptional attention to detail, ensuring vehicles are fully repaired
- Engage ownership mentality in all aspects of work, ensuring all vehicles are treated with a customer-centric focus, upholding the highest of standards in cosmetic, electrical, and mechanical repair
- Maintain detailed records of all work performed to ensure high quality and complaint vehicles are produced from the factory
- Use first principles to collaborate, teach, and mentor other team members to constantly strengthen the organization
- Create culture of collaboration with leaders and team members, encouraging feedback and open communication between teams with the goal of constant improvement of repair tools, processes, and systems
THIS IS WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Automotive Technology or Technician Degree or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of automotive service experience
- EV experience preferred
- OEM Master Certified Technician certification or equivalent experience preferred
- OEM specific technician training is a plus
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Knowledge of EV Powertrains and HV systems
- Strong written and communications skills
- Strong organization skills with attention to detail
- Experience using a variety of test tools including a PICO-scope, PCAN, Kavaser Memorator and breakout box is a plus
- Bumper-to-bumper diagnosis and repair experience, including electrical diagnostics experience. High voltage systems experience preferred
- Experience mentoring and coaching other technicians preferred
Benefits and relocation assistance is available.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.