Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Support the Prototype Manufacturing Engineering team in building complex mechanical and electrical assemblies
- Work from engineering drawings, specifications, schematics, diagrams, and written procedures
- Highly detail oriented and able to understand build processes, record project build data both at the part level and system level
- Maintain a clean and professional workspace
- Balance and prioritize multiple tasks
- Team collaboration and professional work performance
- Troubleshoot/repair PCBA, system and sub-system assembly, wire harnesses using hand tools and soldering station
- Fabricate and/or modify existing prototype components/fixtures
- Provide feedback and suggestions to new and/or improved workshop standards, protocols, and processes
- Keep the lab space organized and equipped with supplies
- Support build and set up test rigs for mechanical and electrical tests across multiple teams
- Travel up to 25-50% between Rivian’s Palo Alto CA, Irvine CA, Normal IL and supplier locations
- 5+ years Engineering Technician or hands on mechanical/electrical, or similar experience
- Associate Degree, trade school, military technical training or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience with relevant technologies such as transmissions, electric motors, E-Axle, or IC engines preferred
- Exposure to technologies such as sensors, electronics, controls, pneumatics, valves, and mechanisms
- Exposure to end of line testing, dyno controls, and other testing scenarios
- Experience using hand gauges and electronic test equipment for inspection and measurement of precision machined, electronic components, wire harnesses
- Understand wiring diagrams, schematics, assembly drawings, mechanical component drawings
- Understanding of 5S in the workplace
- Technical ability and aptitude to learn new products quickly and adapt to variety of technologies
- Good communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced team environment
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic workshop etiquette, shop safety, and provide verbal and written communication across multiple departments
- Experience following and enforcing safety protocol, using proper PPE, and abiding by OSHA standards
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.