Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This Is What You’ll Do
- Design algorithms for various vehicle features relating to propulsion safety
- Collaborate with Functional Safety and Systems engineers to define vehicle, sub-system and component requirements
- Develop robust algorithms for vehicle systems from a clean sheet, including software architecture, implementation, integration and test
- Define and implement software unit tests, HIL, and vehicle tests
- Validate in-vehicle controller performance against functional requirements
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing, issue tracking, and code reviews
- Participate in continuous improvement activities with key stakeholders and engineering groups
- Coordinate & work with engineers across multiple disciplines to ensure timely completion of assigned tasks
This Is What You’ll Need
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Software Engineering focused on controls
- Strong first principles background
- Ability to develop and understand software from application level to base software
- 4+ years of experience with software development using C
- Highly experienced with programming and embedded systems; Well-versed with software development & C programming
- Technical understanding of electric vehicle architecture
- Previous experience in automotive product development or extreme safety environments
- Experience using Vector tools (CAN/CANape etc.,)
- Experience with bus standards such as SPI, I2C, CAN, LIN, and Ethernet
- Experience with automated requirements management tools (e.g., JAMA, Doors, etc.)
- Issue tracking tools (Jira, Bugzilla, etc.)
- Versed with version control tools (GitLab, GitHub)
- Ability to own tasks, decompose into realizable deliverables and work with other teams to co-ordinate execution
- Execute individual responsibilities with minimal guidance
- Ability to thrive under pressure and time constraints, apply creative and critically thinking to deliver exceptional results
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at email@example.com.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.