Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Perform refinishing operations consistent with collision repair such as prepping, masking, primering, painting, and polishing
- Support the creation of technical documentation used for collision repair
- Validate and document flat rate times for paint repairs
- Validate and test tooling and equipment used in paint repairs, such as spray and mixing equipment
- Mix primer, color, and topcoats according to paint manufacturer’s guidelines
- Support and proactively collaborate with Service Engineering, Field Service, Technical Publications, Service Parts, and Service Training teams
- Support cross functional teams with vehicle repairs, service campaigns, and containment initiatives
- Support cost analyst impact on different serviceability methods and processes
- Use Confluence, Jira and other related software to document validation results and provide feedback on procedures
- Comply with all Rivian safety guidelines, hazardous waste disposal, and collision repair standards
- Collision Repair and Refinishing Technology Degree or equivalent experience
- 0 - 3 years of industry experience – entry level position
- Basic knowledge of paint application and equipment
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft and other cloud-based applications
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Possess great organizational skills with attention to detail
- Possess a collaborative attitude and team spirit while working in an ever-changing, dynamic start-up environment
- Ability to travel domestically based on business needs
- Ability to work 40 hours per week plus overtime when required
- Capable of passing a forklift driving test
- Capable of passing a prototype vehicle driving test
- Capable of lifting 50 lbs.
- Capable of passing a respirator fit test
- Capable of operating a variety of hand and power tools relevant to collision repair
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.