Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Internship Term: Summer 2022
Location: Irvine, CA or Palo Alto, CA
Rivian internships are experiences optimized for student candidates. To be eligible, you must be an undergraduate or graduate student in an accredited program during the internship term with an expected graduation date of December 2022 or May/June 2023.
If you are not pursuing a degree, please see our full time positions at Rivian.com/careers
Note that if your university has specific requirements for internship programs, it is your responsibility to fulfill those requirements.
- Take part in making a meaningful impact on the current and next generation designs in mechanical and structural systems by working closely with the design and validation teams.
- Develop degradation characterization methods for mechanical components in Rivian products which will be used in component validation testing.
- Design test plans for component validation testing and diagnose materials and mechanical issues that may arise through validation testing.
- A senior undergraduate student in the field of materials science, chemical or mechanical engineering, polymer chemistry, or a related major.
- Interest in understanding structure-property relationships in polymeric materials for mechanical systems and components
- Interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and collaborate with the reliability and design teams at Rivian
Nice to Have:
- In the process of obtaining a PhD or master's degree in the field of materials science or a related major.
- Experience with or knowledge of coatings and polymeric materials formulation and characterization techniques.
- Experience conducting laboratory research with demonstrated ability in experimental design, materials formulation, and characterization.
- Highly organized with excellent ability to track and interpret generated data through data analysis and reliability software.
- Knowledge and interest in programming languages such as Matlab, Python, Mathematica, or similar.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.