Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Outline controller specifications based on the application requirements
- Develop innovative control algorithms for a variety of high frequency power electronics converters for stationery and vehicle applications
- Develop detailed computer simulations to investigate and verify the controller algorithms and corner cases (Matlab/Simulink, PLECS, HiL, SiL)
- Develop dynamic models of the system, and tune control algorithms to optimize the performance
- Contribute to the controller hardware part selection
- Work with the firmware team to translate the control algorithms into software
- Define subsystem and system-level tests to characterize parametric specifications for power converter controls features
- Test, validate and troubleshoot the implemented control algorithms
- Work in a collaborative environment with the electrical and software engineering teams to make sure the required performance of the power converters across the operating range is met
- Support compliance testing
- MSc or PhD in power electronics (MSc + 6 years, PhD + 5 years)
- Deep understanding of operating principles of grid connected AC/DC converters and DC/DC resonant converters
- Proven ability to develop, implement and test control algorithms for switching power converters
- Experience with modeling power converters in offline and Realtime simulation platforms (Matlab/Simulink, PLECS, LTspice, HIL, SIL)
- Strong hands-on testing and troubleshooting skills
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills with power electronics circuits and controls theory fundamentals
- Must be highly motivated, self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details
- Familiarity with safety and compliance standards for grid-connected power electronics
- Programming experience in C/C++ and capability of delivering high-quality C code in an embedded microcontroller environment is a strong plus
- Familiarity with hardware of power converters is a strong plus
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.