Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Build and lead the cell test team, mentor junior team members and technicians
- Work with cross functional teams to define timing and resources and deliverable milestone for different testing projects.
- Work with different cross functional teams to design and set up testing facility. Lab space expansion planning and execution.
- Procure testing equipment; Maintain lab space and equipment; Perform troubleshooting when needed.
- Lead the team to carry out lithium-ion cell tests including electrical, mechanical, and electrochemical test.
- Lead the team to write test scripts, set up program to run the tests with different cyclers and potentiostats. Write SOP, communicate test status and result to different groups of cell engineers and scientists.
- Lead the team to design test fixtures to improve testing capability and accuracy and extract meaningful data.
- Collaborate with battery data engineers to process and populate cell testing data to database. Support cross functional teams with test report if needed
- Must have:
- BS degree in an engineering discipline with experience in testing of lithium-ion battery cells/packs.
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in management with strong leadership behaviors.
- Have good understanding of electrochemical processes in various lithium-ion chemistries.
- Experience in using and maintaining battery cycling equipment, and writing/validating test scripts for lithium-ion batteries.
- Excellent attention to detail. Problem solving skills.
- Passionate about cell testing.
- Good communication and time management skills.
- Good to have:
- Experience in python and SQL database.
- Familiar with CAN, module/pack testing.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.