Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Calibration Systems Engineer will aid in development and implementation of new processes and tools for system calibration at our plant in Normal, IL. You will work cross functionally with software, manufacturing, and operations teams to create better techniques for system calibration at testing.
- Responsible for writing test cases, test plans, and documenting test results
- Identify gaps in testing, and develop new tests to isolate/detect failure modes
- Build software scripts and tools to parse test results, and put results into dashboards for engineering evaluation
- Work with diagnostic test and development engineers to train and automate testing for self-driving calibration related vehicle features
- Driving vehicles on the test track, and developing new ways to test functionality of ADAS features
- Gather requirements from perception, dynamics, calibration, and manufacturing to identify new tests for individual ECUs
- Support ECU software updating, including development of offline and online software flashing tools
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or Mathematics
- 2+ years of experience
- Experience with electrical, mechanical, and software troubleshooting
- Familiarity with communication data links and protocols
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems and complete technical projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver license
- MATLAB, Python, C++ or related programming experience
- Familiarity with vehicle communication protocols (CAN, CAN FD, doCAN, DoIP, ETH, LIN, XCP, etc.)
- Automotive experience
- PLC programming (Allen Bradley)
- Experience working with pneumatic and electromechanical machines
- Mechanical design
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.