Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Perform diagnostics using a combination of technical understanding of Rivian products, experience with integrated automotive systems, use of specialized diagnostic tools and an understanding of logged vehicle data, to arrive at a likely cause for a reported concern
- Producing high quality documentation in both Service Operational and Engineering document systems.
- Execute transactions in both integrated and non-integrated logistics systems.
- Produce vehicle repair or test plans based on available data collected through diagnostic systems utilizing remote connections for all scheduled service appointments
- Execute part allocation using a combination of manual and automated tools to arrange all repair parts needed prior to the vehicle service appointment
- Determine if a vehicle repair can effectively and safely be performed using tools with specific remote access controls or prioritize contact based repair with either a mobile appointment or through a full service center visit.
- Ensure industry leading customer repair experience through excellent planning and communication of the “repair plan” prior to vehicle arrival for service
- Work closely with customer support teams to train and empower agents to conduct live diagnosis of common vehicle issues or customer concerns related to expected vehicle behavior
- Create a culture of collaboration with team members, cross functional teams and Leadership by encouraging feedback and open communication
- 5+ years of experience in automotive industry or automotive repair, with an emphasis on mechanical, thermal, electrical, data processing and systems integration
- Familiarity with terminal interfaces, scripting languages and experience reading/writing computer code a plus
- Experience within customer support or customer relations
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Disciplined work ethic
- Ability to work effectively under pressure or within tight time limits
- Experience with logistics or parts ordering systems
- Experience analyzing large data sets
- Competent computer and typing skills
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with internal and external partners
- Ability to travel as needed
- Extremely detail oriented
- No drug or alcohol related driving incidents in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 serious moving violation in the last 3 years
- Must have a valid driver's license in the state of residence that you will be driving/operating a vehicle
- Will be subject to continuous Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) monitoring
*This role will be located at Rivian's offices in Irvine, CA*
- International / Cross Platform / Multi-brand and EV experience
- Experience in a Start-up environment
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.