Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
Rivian is building a new kind of car company. Our vehicles and technology are designed and engineered to challenge what’s possible and to inspire people to explore the world in new ways. We believe in the power of adventure. While a vehicle can’t make someone adventurous, it can nurture that fundamental desire in each of us to go places we’ve never been and do things we’ve never done – thoughtfully and sustainably. We are looking for ambitious and bright Digital Product Managers to help us develop an industry-defining Member Ecosystem, designed to drive unmistakable value at scale.
What matters most: Your passion and energy
Rivian’s membership program will be a continually evolving experience for fans and owners that seeks to deliver Rivian’s mission to Stay Adventurous Forever. Members enjoy benefits above and beyond the core product features, driving deeper loyalty to our brand and to the community. We are seeking someone who has just the right blend of digital prowess, customer passion and progressive vision for what ownership looks like in a world that blends digital and physical experiences.
The Consumer Digital Product Management Team is looking for a Sr Manager, Digital Product Management – Membership. In this role, you will be driving the digital product vision, roadmap, and discovery for capabilities that enable Rivian’s Membership content and experience platform. You’ll engage with customers, work with partners in the Membership team, and engage with stakeholders across multiple organizations within Rivian. You’ll also work with highly talented engineers, UX designers and program leads inside a squad of aligned interests. You’ll be expected to document and communicate the digital product vision, and clearly develop and articulate a strategy and a roadmap to team members and stakeholders.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Membership Team to develop a product vision and then establish a set of digital product priorities that deliver on the broader Membership strategy.
- Be responsible for the platform with a broad understanding of the entire customer/stakeholder base. You will anticipate and deliver capabilities and services that enable the features and experiences.
- Be data driven. Data drives our decision making and validates our assumptions. The products you’ll develop must always consider how to use existing data and how to leverage data your platform will generate.
- Focus on internal tooling and dashboarding used by administrators and leaders to manage system transactions.
- Over time, develop a product team to grow digital product features, including localization and unique features for international markets
- Regularly communicate progress in partnership with Digital Program Management
- Collaborate with User Experience Design and Software Engineering to implement features. Understand the complicated nature of dependencies and align roadmaps with your partners in Digital Product Management.
- Obsess over the customer and look to behavioral data to help drive prioritization for net new products and services across the Member Ecosystem.
What you should be comfortable with:
- First principles thinking. You like to break down problems into their most basic components and then build up solutions that address the highest impact issues first, learning from there.
- Experience developing platforms with multiple user experience workflows and systems. Successful digital products are the sum of multiple interfaces and services, so you should be technically sufficient in outlining a system.
- 5-7+ years experience managing technically complex, consumer driven products.
- Comfort developing solutions in areas of ambiguity. This role will operate in a progressive space with a continuously evolving directives and discoveries.
- Experience working collaboratively with engineers, data analysts, technical architects, user experience designers
- Experience designing and executing product discovery and product optimization for internal tools and users
- Product fluency. You should be comfortable understanding and discussing technology concepts, trade offs and opportunities.
- Fluency with API & microservice architectures. Able to discuss how platforms form on services and how those services translate into interfaces and experiences.
- Proven ability to leverage data and insights to make informed product decisions including prioritization.
THIS IS WHERE YOU’LL WORK:
Department: Strategy & Go To Market
Location: Palo Alto
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.