Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
This is what you’ll do:
- Work with cross functional teams (software including but not limited to algorithm, controls, firmware, HIL test, systems, mechanical, and electrical) to develop the test cases for HIL, lab car, electrical bench, SIL, and unit test (model-based) cases.
- Actively work on the software DFMEA and FTA and derive the test cases in a systematic manner, to ensure full coverage for all the software failure modes
- Verify test cases to ensure they are all testable and automatable
- Support the HIL test team whenever needed with the scripts and automation.
- Plan for BMS HIL regression cadence and test cycle. Provide direction to the test team for priorities of the test plans based on criticality of the tests.
- Take, present, and analyze logs for BMS performance, and work with developers to root cause any BMS software issues
- Work with other ECU software teams to root cause bugs and assign fix to relevant BMS teams
- Track bug fix through to completion of successful battery and vehicle tests
This is what you’ll need:
- Minimum BS degree in Electrical/Electronics/Mechanical Engineering. MS degree is preferred
- 4+ years’ industry experience developing HIL test cases for BMS software features and regression test
- Previous experience in HV battery or EV systems is required
- Well versed in systems engineering, FTA, DFMEA, and DVP&R.
- Previous hands-on experience with validation report design according to ISO 26262, especially part 6
- Experience with data acquisition and calibration software (CANalyzer, CANape or similar xcp/ccp interface tools, JTAG/DAP interface debuggers)
- Experience with flash tools and software release pipelines
- Experience with executing test cases independently on the HIL system
- Familiarity with model-based design and being able to view and analyze models and C codes (development experience is a plus) Experience with requirement and issue tracking management tools
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment.
- Good team player with great communication skills.
- Self-motivated: Demonstrated ability to set direction and guide the team towards it.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.