Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Design, evangelize, and implement an enterprise metadata strategy roadmap for active data governance over data assets across multiple domains and platforms.
- Collaboratively develop and implement governance policies and processes that balance centralized control and standardization with decentralized speed and flexibility
- Quantify and communicate the value of master data and metadata.
- Serve as Lead Catalog Steward and Change Manager, driving adoption, engagement, and collaboration; partner cross-functionally to identify data stewards.
- Oversee implementation and ongoing administration of a modern metadata system.
- Evaluate, monitor, maintain, communicate data quality status across data assets in multiple domains
- Build a strong governance and access structure to all the data assets in compliance with SOX and Data privacy policies.
- Implement data privacy policies across all data assets.
- Effectively lead cross functional data governance/steward committees
- Guide consolidation of a fragmented landscape of data assets
- Define and oversee development of robust data audits to flag and communicate data quality issues – and create closed loop businesses process to resolve them.
- Partner with business & IT to identify and facilitate quick resolution of data quality issues
- Able to build consensus across different functions and among colleagues of varying seniority
- Ensure SDLC processes incorporate sufficient data quality validation within test plans; participate in the testing process, as needed
- Identify opportunities for process improvement and increased automation to drive efficiencies – prepare justification and provides leadership to help implement
- Strong Communication and organization skills. Able to communicate persuasively and concisely with audiences of varying levels of seniority and functional scope.
- Strong Program management experience in overseeing large IT projects
- 10-15 years of experience in data governance, data platforms, data analytics.
- 5+ years of focused experience in implementing and growing data catalog and data quality platforms like Collibra, Alation, Big Eye etc. – experience in data governance in automotive is a big plus
- Strong familiarity with modern data and BI tools/technologies like Tableau, Cloud data warehouses.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.