Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
- Join a team developing next generation battery cells for Rivian
- Guide and enable a cross-functional team to develop and deliver a cell design that meets vehicle powertrain need
- Responsible for supporting the development of new processes and carrying out trials to establish product specification
- Collaborate cross-functionally with battery pack and vehicle design and manufacturing teams to test and validate systems and parts involved in product development in order to ensure highest quality and safety
- Establish validation standards, develop testing protocols, prepare trials, document test results, and maintain records.
- You will maintain change control and lead improvements and adjustments as necessary
- Provide timeline and duration for development work and lead team through milestone schedule
- Build comprehensive detailed plan focusing on the critical path, budget/spend, actual/performance
- Ensure project success by highlighting challenges early and working collaboratively to mitigate gaps
- Champion Rivian culture within the cross functional team and ensure team cohesion
- Deep dive into challenges in various cell designs and resulting materials, processes and equipment
- Work to standardize processes and implement controls such as design releases, D/PFMEA, RFQ, F/SAT etc
- Follow up with various vendors to keep track of high level project goals
- Bachelors/Masters in Material/Electrical/Mechanical Engineering, or similar technical field
- 5+ years of experience in developing cell design & processes
- 7+ years of experience in a project or program manager role
- High level understanding of Li-Ion batteries and challenges with current suite of cell technologies
- Strong understanding of EV pack mechanical & thermal designs and familiarity with electrical architectures
- Mass production experience, design, manufacturing, production experience
- Highly organized, demonstrated capabilities of working in a dynamic environment and executing at a high level
- Knowledgeable in high and low volume manufacturing (proto-typing, OEE, equipment selection, DFM, 8D, CAD)
- Critical problem-solving skills: ability to ask the right people, the right questions at the right time in the right way
- Detail oriented: ability to become subject matter expert in order to make informed decisions
- Curiosity: demonstrate level of interest that enables inventiveness
- Execution: demonstrate that follow through is given as much attention as problem solving
- Strong verbal & written communication. Ability to distill complex information to different levels of the organization.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.