Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Cybersecurity Data Protection lead will lead Rivian’s Cybersecurity Data Protection program to ensure implementation of appropriate data security controls to protect and monitor sensitive data. In this role the candidate will provide strategic, tactical, and operational support for Rivian’s data protection program. The Data Protection Lead will enhance the program by improving data security controls within the environment - data classification, data loss prevention (DLP), cloud access security broker (CASB).
- Collaborate with business to understand the data handled to apply appropriate controls
- Implement and operationally manage tools to support the data protection program - i.e. DLP, CASB, data classification
- Enhance detection capabilities by developing custom rules to enhance controls and improve visibility
- Monitor events from technical systems for suspicious activity
- Work with Cybersecurity Governance, Privacy and Regulatory teams to identify data assets and risk mitigation techniques
- Provide support to Incident Response teams in data loss related investigations
- Minimum of 5 years of cybersecurity experience with focus on:
o Developing data protection programs
o Implementation and management of data protection technical controls
- Firm understanding of data protection methodology and controls
- Experience with design, implementation, and operationalizing of data protection systems - DLP, CASB, Classification, … - including documenting requirements, working with vendors, configuring/testing systems, creating knowledge articles, executing transition to relevant operations teams
- Experience documenting, socializing, and operationalizing cybersecurity technology, and processes
- Demonstrated experience working across multiple teams to build cross-functional relationships and working with numerous cross-functional members with various levels of technical expertise
- Familiarity with various compliance standards and control frameworks
- Self-starter who is comfortable operating in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to think critically and explore new creative solutions
- Continual review and education on emerging trends and threats to enhance tooling and processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong technical communication skills (written and verbal)
- Loves what you do
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.