Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
The Rivian Cloud Cybersecurity Engineer will be responsible for the assessment and remediation support of security risks identified in cloud environments. Leveraging the AWS Well Architected framework to perform security assessments of existing AWS Accounts and document the security architecture, resources and other key components. While supporting application teams remediate identified security issues.
Responsible for identifying, communicating and managing cloud security risks with account owners and technical leads, including:
- Working with AWS account owners to review the security posture of their AWS environments
- Provide security requirements and guidance on alignment to secure architectures in AWS
- Review and document security architecture of hosted applications and services within AWS accounts
- Validate technical security configurations provided by application and account owners
- Identify and document security gaps within AWS accounts aligned to the AWS Well Architected Framework
- Document security misconfigurations in common AWS services including API Gateway, Lambda, ECS, EKS, EC2, RDS, S3, CloudWatch and other core cloud services
- Ensure external applications and systems are using strong authentication when connecting to AWS hosted systems
- Strong understanding of AWS Identity and Access Management concepts and configurations
- Review Kubernetes and other container platforms for security misconfigurations
- Creating detailed AWS security architecture diagrams, documentation and standards
- Identify security gaps within CI/CD and application deployment methodologies
Responsible for completing security architecture reviews of multiple AWS accounts and hosted applications including:
- Collaboration with account owners to review existing AWS accounts security posture
- Identify and document security misconfigurations in the AWS resources and architectures
- Provide remediation guidance to AWS account owners for identified security gaps
- 2+ years related cybersecurity (focusing on AWS Security) experience; preferably in a large, global organization
- Experience with applications leveraging serverless or container infrastructure highly desired
- Experience working with Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- AWS Certifications (Solutions Architect, Security, Networking)
- Strong communication, negotiation, analytic, and critical thinking skills. Ability to work collaboratively
- Ability to managing multiple security assessments in parallel with aggressive timelines
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker or other containerization platforms
- Self-Starter and Driven to Win
- Problem Solving / Critical thinking skills
- Successfully performed AWS or other cloud security assessments
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Team oriented and skilled in working in a collaborative environment
- Loves what you do
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.
Please note that we are currently not accepting applications from third party application services.